Tenure Track Sociology Faculty (46637)
Job Location : UHSP main campus - St. Louis, MO
Position Type : Faculty (Tenure track, full-time)
Education Level : Doctorate
Travel Percentage : Negligible
Job Category : Academic - Teaching, research, service
Are you interested in joining a small, uniquely-focused faculty to work together to educate students and tackle society's most pressing health care problems? The College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis (UHSP) is hiring a cluster of faculty focused on health disparities and social determinants of health to support our new health science undergraduate academic programs, including the Applied Behavioral Sciences and Biopsychology degrees, which are housed in the Department of Liberal Arts.
We are looking for an academic year, tenure track faculty position in Sociology with equal research (40%) and teaching responsibilities (40%) with the remainder being dedicated towards service, including service to the University and community (20%) to begin in Fall 2023. Primary responsibilities include teaching core sociology classes, including introduction to sociology and medical sociology, as well as developing new electives related to the candidates area of specialization. The teaching load is three courses per semester. Faculty are expected to engage in research leading to publication with the potential for generating external grant funding. We are particularly interested in a sociology scholar with a primary specialty area related to health disparities and/or the social determinants of health. Opportunities exist for collaboration with current faculty members, as well as potential involvement with the Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education (CIPE), a health professions education collaboration between UHSP, Washington University School of Medicine, and Goldfarb School of Nursing. Finally, the ideal candidate should have experience and/or interest in participating on faculty committees and advising students and student organizations.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A Ph.D. in sociology or closely related discipline by time of appointment
- Teaching and/or research specialization in medical sociology
- Experience teaching (which can include graduate teaching assistantships) core undergraduate sociology courses, such as introduction to sociology, medical sociology, and/or research methods
- A willingness to teach in an ability-based education model using active, student-centered learning
- An active scholarly research program in medical sociology with a focus on studying health disparities and/or the social determinants of health
- Demonstrated support for diversity and inclusion, and the ability to incorporate diversity, cultural competency, and social justice into teaching, research and/or service
- Ability to mentor student scholarship by supervising undergraduate student research projects
- Experience with interdisciplinary or collaborative research
- Experience participating in local, state, and/or national professional organizations
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
If this sounds like the job for you, here is information on how to apply:
Follow the steps to apply through UHSPs online employment site (www.uhsp.edu/employment). With your application submit:
- a CV/Resume
- A cover letter discussing qualifications for the position, including evidence of teaching effectiveness, research productivity, and commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Names and contact information for three professional references
Review of applications will begin October 1, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
About the University:
For more than 155 years, University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis has provided a world-class education for health care leaders and innovators. Since its founding, the campus has been a place where future professionals and practitioners come together to learn, grow, challenge each other, and find new ways to tackle society's most pressing health care problems.
The University's four Colleges offer undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The College of Arts and Sciences provides health sciences bachelors degrees to prepare students for health focused careers and also serve as the foundation for graduate or professional study. The new College of Global Population Health, the first of its kind in the US with a global emphasis on population health, offers programs in public health, data science, and healthcare administration and management. The University's Doctor of Pharmacy at St. Louis College of Pharmacy is a historic program with a 155 year track record of turning pharmacy students into leaders and innovators in the profession of pharmacy. To learn more, visit uhsp.edu. Recognized as a Great College To Work For eight of the past nine years.
University of Health Sciences & Pharmacy in St. Louis values the benefits of a diverse student body and workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. The University's employment policy shall be supported through a continuing affirmative action commitment that embodies the standards of equal employment opportunities for all persons. EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled.
To apply, visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=46637&clientkey=1E3AC297F410A99B94DEBF41FE3F4AF6
University of Health Sciences & Pharmacy in St. Louis values the benefits of a diverse student body and workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. The Universitys employment policy shall be supported through a continuing affirmative action commitment that embodies the standards of equal employment opportunities for all persons. EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency