Adjunct Faculty - Sociology and Criminal Justice
Thank you for your interest in working at William Paterson University.
William Paterson University invites applications for Adjunct Professor within the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Department of Sociology and Criminal Justice.
Thank you for expressing interest in serving as an adjunct faculty member at William Paterson University.
Please note that there may not be a vacancy at this time. Rather, qualified applicants may be contacted if and when there is an immediate need, or on an exploratory basis for a future opening.
For general questions, please email email@example.com
Courses in this department that are generally taught by adjunct professors include, but are not limited to:
- Essentials of Criminal Justice
- Criminal Investigation
- Sociological Theory
- Research Methods
- Data Analysis
The Department of Sociology and Criminology offers programs that teach students how to identify, understand and critically analyze patterns in the social world. Students in the Department's criminology major learn the fundamentals of the criminal justice system and key theories explaining how and why crime varies across time and space.
Students majoring in the Department's sociology major with concentration in social services take courses that teach them the fundamentals of sociology and prepare them for careers in the social work field. Students in the Department's general sociology major learn about the social world more broadly. Our graduate program in applied sociology provides students with research skills needed to conduct social research, i.e. creating and administering survey sand analyzing survey data.
For more information about the department, please visit https://www.wpunj.edu/cosh/departments/p
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using the course outline as a guide, develop relevant syllabi in order to deploy course content, objectives, and methods of student assessment for up to six (6) credits per semester in an undergraduate course (see course listing above)
- Contribute to student success by providing consistent and effective support and guidance through role modeling and mentoring
- Earned Master's or PhD in Sociology, Criminology or a related field
- One or more years teaching in higher education
Personal Attributes and Traits:
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm about the craft of teaching and the content taught
- Capable of being patient and resourceful in managing student challenges
- Ability to develop and maintain sustainable relationships in a diverse environment
- Dedicated to excellence and achieving positive outcomes
- Able to set and work toward common goals in a collaborative environment
Invitation to apply
Interested candidates will be prompted to: Complete an application and submit a cover letter.
Submission of all documents listed is required for consideration.
General questions related to this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view the total rewards of working at WP
William Paterson University is committed to protecting your privacy and will not sell your personal information.
William Paterson University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race or ethnicity, sex/gender (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, civil union status, familial status, religion, national origin or citizenship, military service status, or any other category protected by law. William Paterson University does not discriminate on the basis of any category stated above or as prohibited by applicable law. Individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit University Facts
To apply, visit https://wpunj.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ext/job/William-Paterson-University/Adjunct-Faculty---Sociology-and-Criminal-Justice_R269
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency